Monday, October 24, 2011

Continueing on the Katy Trail in MO

Today, Monday October 24, 2011

Well, we have spent a week now resting and relaxing in the cabin entrusted to us for a whole week on Wednesday. We will be leaving this getaway tomorrow and heading on down the Katy Trail through Missouri.
I know that this little VaCa has set us behind, but boy did we need it!!
We were able to take naps during the day, sleep in late and let Yoshi outside with without him needing a leash.
We are excited to get on the road again and we are looking forward to the small towns we will come to along the way. We will not finish the entire trail seeing as how we will need to leave the great state of Missouri and head on into Illinois.

I just had a visit from Officer Mike Bilbruck from the Windsor PD who came into the Library once he saw our bikes outside. My father has been unable to get in touch with me because we do not have Verizon service here in Windsor.
He called our names and said that my father was going crazy with worry looking for me. His mind was going crazy with all kinds of senarios of murder and being held captive. I was able to speak to him and let him know that I was fine and had no way of getting in touch with him. I looked for emails from him or family members, but it seemed to me that I was not the woman missing on the Katy Trail.
Thank you to everyone that took part in the search for me and Vesper. We are well and fine just needed to get off the beaten path and take a break for a while.

Thanks for reading.
WOS and Vesper

2 comments:

boerneoso said...

Hi Amy, Checking to see if I can post a comment. I was able to use the paypal to donate to your trip. Sure hope all is working now. I will write more later....DAD

boerneoso said...

Amy, posting a comment works! Glad you got that fixed. Maybe now friends, family and supporters can help with a donation or words of encouragement. I am so proud of you both for taking on this challenge...by my calculations you have completed 1,700 mile, over half way to Washington DC. I want to send you a care package in the mail, but you have to give me a town or city at least 7 days before you arrive. Also I was going to buy and send you some insulated gloves but sent you some money by PayPal for you to pick out the right size & type you need. Have a safe trip and keep a carefull eye behind you of approaching traffic. In my heart and on my mind. Alway, Love Dad